Volunteers are our most valued assets!
The Ivy Creek Foundation could not exist without our many knowledgeable, dedicated volunteers. They provide invaluable expertise and support to all aspects of our work.
We are always looking for new volunteers. Let us know how to contact you by filling out a Volunteer Form. Here are some of the ways you could volunteer:
Nature Guides for Field Trips
- Share your enthusiasm for nature on short walks with school children at the Ivy Creek Natural Area
- Volunteer primarily on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays in the morning
- Training (once a week for 6-8 weeks) is available for new volunteers each fall and spring
- Supplement your knowledge from the Guide Resources page
- Learn about the African-American cultural heritage site and the natural history of ICNA
- Share it with the public on Saturdays and Sundays in the afternoon
- Training is available for new volunteers and extra resources are available at the Docent Resources page.
- Adopt a trail to maintain
- Attend trail workshops
- Lead volunteer crews
- Collect and edit material for quarterly newsletter
- Collect and edit material for annual report
- Manage Facebook and Twitter Account
- Help identify and organize events
Board Committee Support
- Support the work of Board Task Forces undertaking new projects
- Provide expert advice to Board committees
Send us an idea of a project you think needs doing!
If you would like to volunteer with the Ivy Creek Foundation, please contact us at (434) 973-7772 or by email at email@example.com, or use the online Volunteer Form at the top of this page.